YTM is not just a mezzanine connector but a modular system with outstanding 112G signal integrity (SI) performance, the highest density and the largest scope in pin count and stack height.
Yamaichi Electronics´ R&D has among the best SI engineers on board. This shows off with the YTM Mezzanine.
The key part is the blade, the core of the Mezzanine connector. It consists of 96 pins. All pins have the same SI performance. The blades can be lined up like bricks up to 960 pins on a footprint of 30x60 mm.
For instance, the item of the product image has 384pins and a footprint of 30x24mm. This is surprisingly small.
Without any interposer this concept foresees stacking heights from 5 to 10 mm in 1 mm increments. However, with interposer it can be built up until 40 mm all while maintaining the 112G performance.
YTM combines the highest density with total modularity and 112G-PAM4 data rate. The modular concept allows the widest range of pin count and stacking hight variations.
Summary of main features:
- 112Gbps-PAM4 on all differential pairs
- Huge stack variety of mating heights with plug and socket: 5 mm to 10 mm in gradual increments of 1 mm
- Height extension with interposer: 11 mm up to max. 40 mm all while keeping 112G SI performance
- Genderless design with two-point contacts for a better connectivity
- 92 Ω impedance matching both 85 Ω and 100 Ω
- Various pin counts: 192, 288, 384 up to 960 pins
- Differential signal pairs up to 240 pairs (GSSG)